Sunday, September 1, 2013

9/1/13 Rehearsal or "Kick It" In The Head!

Hey all... Present at tonight's rehearsal:  Vi, Emily, Taylor, Paul, Peter, Taryn, and myself.

We did a few warmups (what number did we reach?) and then we did an exercise in which we held an emotion (or attempted to) while performing an action and used "yes, and" to interact.  We followed that up with a few games of Kick It and ended with Freeze Tag.

Next week, let's hit Historical Replay and Sounds as well as a long form.

A lot of good work and discussion tonight.  If, during rehearsal, you have something to say, but I am talking, please do not hesitate to let me know.  The further we go, the more and more this is becoming a group effort and everyone's voice matters.

Something I need to work on is staying in character --- I tend to drift and lose my demeanor and any form of accent that I started the scene with.  Especially in short games as I seem to be able to maintain my characters in Goon River.

Thank you everyone for giving Kick It a try.  It's a lot of fun playing with people who let you be silly.  I say we keep rehearsing it because it has a lot of potential.  Something to think about is trying to still maintain a story or scene because that will make the raps easier because you can rehash the story during your rap as well as go into more detail, but if there's no story, you have to make it all up.

Way to let loose and have fun during Freeze Tag... That exercise is primarily for rolling with it and inventing --- don't worry too much about some of the things we focus on in other exercises (though it doesn't hurt) because Freeze Tag is where you can get some interesting ideas.  Taylor and I as two T-Rex's drinking champagne (that can go anywhere), Taryn and Emily discussing what it would be like to have a werewolf as a boyfriend, etc....

Some good stuff tonight, folks, keep it up!  Now, kick it!


1 comment:

  1. Can you post a list of all of the Improv games we've done? I always want to practice and just play around with them with my friends but I can never remember any good two-person games except ones we do very frequently. I'd like to revisit old ones too.

    ReplyDelete